We writer's a crazy, wonderful, interesting bunch! There's nothing else I would rather do, personally. We like to think we have everything together--after all, we write 300 page books and flesh out characters and plots like no man's business. That requires a little bit of thought and creativity, yes?
And yet...there are always things we forget to do. I blame it on the profession. Somethings so easily slip through the cracks because we so engulfed in our characters, our stories, our...um, social networking.
(Thanks to the Offpsring for helping me compile list)
1. Let the dogs out. Or better yet, remember to let them back in. Oops!
2. Feed said dogs (or other pets).
3. Again, better yet, feed yourself! And those M&M's you keep popping at the keyboard don't count! Include the fam with this too. Who thought kids needed to eat?
4. Clean. Are those dust bunnies under that chair? *shrugs* I love animals, after all.
5. Laundry. I mean, why can't we wear the same jeans five days in a row? And who are these people in my house saying they need clean socks??
6. Picking up the offspring at the barn (or anywhere else for that matter). What's wrong with being an hour late? Blog posts needed finished! I had a chapter to complete! That editing won't do itself!
7. Talk to the people we love. Husbands, parents, siblings, children, etc. In all fairness, I DO try to remember this one!
8. ....where is that piece of paper that had number eight on it? Did I have a number eight?
9. Taking care of yourself. In any way, shape, or form.
10. The way...wait...I still need to finish that one scene I started this morning. *squirrel*
Tell me peeps, what do YOU forget?
Don't forget to check out my blog tour stop today. There are TWO stops to win cool stuff!
And let's not forget the awesomesauce gals over at Literati Literature Lovers hosting the tour!
And finally, don't forget to enter my BOOK BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY!
Happy Hump Day!