After all, we write 300+ page books to tell a story. We weave characters and plots together, always keeping our eyes on our goals. And because of those goals, we always remember to do certain things (even if some of them don't seem normal!). So dear peeps, here's my list of 10 things writers always remember to do:
1. Check our email. When we first roll out of bed, when we get to work, on our lunch break, after we get home, before dinner, after dinner, five times before we go to bed, and right before we lay our heads down on the pillow. We never know when we might get an oh-so-important email!
2. WRITING! After all, it's what we do. Some of us spends hours a day, or hours a week, or hours a month. Either way, we can't do what we love to do unless we are WRITING!
3. Outlining (or if you're a panster, running ideas through your head). Our minds go a thousand miles a minute. We've always got that next idea, that next beautiful book in our head. So we flesh it out. Do characters studies, flesh out people, places, plots, story lines.
4. Read! We writer's are always told to read what we write (after all, how would we know what's working out there right now?). Aside from that, though, most writers love to read, and not just in the genre they write. It keeps us grounded, focused, entertained, and helps our own creative juices get flowing.
5. Checking in with our blogger/writer friends. Support is CRUCIAL in this business, and we always remember to reach out to those people who help us, and those we help in return.
6. Updating Twitter. Did you just type The End on your newest novel? Squee! The world must know! Twitter update! (Twitter provides vast information, you know!)
7. Updating Facebook. Did your offspring just throw up on a newly printed copy of your manuscript? Eek! Facebook friends must hear about it! (Facebook provides vast information, too, but generally more personal stuff that I love).
8. If you have a book published, you check Goodreads daily. Maybe several times a day. How many people added my book? How many people are reading it? Did anyone leave a new review? If they did, should I read it? What's my current rating? Did anyone of my friends recommend books? What are other people reading? What should I be reading?
9. If you have a book published, you check Amazon. Did anyone new review my book? Should I read the review if they did? What's my rating? And what's my sales rank?!?! And if you are lucky to have one of these: what's my author rank?!?
10. Go through 1-9 again, and again, and again. (Add pins on Pinterest, Google+, a phone call or gchat with your editor/agent/friend, trips to the post office/mailbox, etc.)
What do YOU always remember to do?
Tomorrow is my BOOK BIRTHDAY! All-American Girl will hit the world tomorrow. To celebrate, LOTS of things are happening. First, check out my interview on Omnific's Blog (that's my publisher!).
Second, check out today's stop on my blog tour. I'm visting Choo Choo Tre today.
Don't forget to check out the wonderful hosts of my blog tour, Literati Literature Lovers. They have their own giveaway for my tour!
There's still a chance to win a paper back copy of All-American Girl on Goodreads.
And lastly (whew!), don't forget to enter my Book Birthday Giveaway! Just enter the rafflecopter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Monday ALL!